Carey Services will have surveyors from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities visiting our facilities and interviewing staff, clients and other interested parties Oct.3-5.
CARF accreditation is one of the highest accreditations that agencies in Carey Services’ industry can receive. The accreditation is voluntary, but Indiana requires agencies who work with people with disabilities to obtain one of several permissible accreditations. CARF surveyors can recommend up to a three-year accreditation at the completion of their survey time; Carey Services has received a three-year accreditation for its operations at the end of each of its surveys.
As part of the survey, CARF surveyors will interview people who receive agency services, their families, agency staff members and others in the community. Some typical questions might include:
- Do we provide a clean and safe setting?
- Do you receive the services you need and want?
- Are you treated with respect?
- Do you take part in planning your services?
- Are you told what you need to know about your services?
- Are your questions answered in a way your understand?
- So you know where to go with questions or concerns?
Interested people also can speak with surveyors. If you are interested in talking with a CARF surveyor during this visit, call Carey Services at (765) 668-8961. You may also contact CARF International directly (520) 495-7001 or email@example.com.