Carey Services officials today announced the agency successfully completed a major accreditation, receiving a maximum three-year accreditation achievement through CARF International. The accreditation validates the high quality of services Carey Services provides to individuals with disabilities in several Indiana counties.
This is the tenth consecutive three-year accreditation Carey Services has received from the Committee on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, an international accrediting body. This accreditation decision represents the highest level of accreditation that can be awarded to an organization and shows the organization’s substantial conformance to rigorous and demanding CARF standards.
“As an agency, we strive every day to be the best we can be for the individuals we serve and those communities which we positively impact,” said Jim Allbaugh, Carey Services’ president and chief executive officer. “It is great to have the hard work of our awesome employees recognized and validated with a CARF seal of approval.”
Carey Services received the accreditation for the following program areas:
- Community Employment Services: Employment Supports
- Community Employment Services: Job Development
- Community Integration
- Organizational Employment Services
- Supported Living
The three-year accreditation will extend through November 30, 2024. To obtain the accreditation Carey Services completed a rigorous three-day professional peer evaluation in October. Carey Services demonstrated to the survey team the agency’s commitment to offering programs and services that are measurable, accountable and of the highest quality.
The accrediting body’s final report specifically notes some highlights of the survey team evaluation of the quality services provided by Carey Services:
- “Carey Services is acknowledged for the person-first attitude that is displayed throughout the organization. The persons served expressed that they feel safe and respected. Promoting the desires and needs of the persons served is clearly a priority throughout the organization.”
- “Community stakeholders and the persons served view Carey Services as a premier program, resulting in the organization having high visibility and a very positive reputation and impact on the communities it serves.”
- “The organization is commended for its efforts to collaborate with other organizations to assist in providing employment opportunities.”
- “Staff members demonstrate dedication, respect, and fairness. They are also described as being diverse, collaborative, supportive, and effective.”
- “Carey Services has worked to create a well-rounded, all-inclusive service program for community integration and community living.”
- “Carey Services is commended for the incredible longevity of so many of the leadership staff.”
CARF International was founded in 1966 and establishes consumer-focused standards to help organizations measure and improve the quality of their programs and services. For more information about the accreditation process, visit the CARF website at www.carf.org.
Carey Services is the premier local provider of employment services and other home and community-based services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Carey Services was established in 1954 and is an internationally accredited community based, not-for-profit agency providing an array of services to prenatal mothers and children birth through three years of age in early childhood education services, as well as people of all ages with disabilities and families.
Supports and services are determined through person-centered planning, where individuals served and their families direct the planning and allocation of resources to meet their individual life goals. Call (765) 668-8961 or visit www.careyservices.com for more information to seek services or employment opportunities, and to donate. Individuals can also visit the Carey Services Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Careyservices.