The inaugural SplashABILITY event for people with disabilities will be July 25 at the Marion Splash House.
The event is geared for folks with all abilities, including people with disabilities, their loved ones and their caregivers. The event will be 7-9 p.m. with a discounted entrance fee of $3 for each person (regardless of ability). The public is invited, and the event will have some special features, including:
- Music and volume levels selected with people with disabilities in mind
- Briefer duration waves in wave pool
- Full access to pool in areas otherwise designated for small children
- Wheelchair lift capability
- Concession stand open on main, pool-deck area (puree equipment will be available)
- Outdoor games and activities also will be available to those who don’t want to be in water