Agency Receives 3-Year CARF Accreditation
Carey Services officials have announced the agency successfully completed a major accreditation, receiving a maximum three-year accreditation achievement through CARF International. The accreditation validates the high quality of services the agency provides to individuals with disabilities in several Indiana counties.
This is the ninth consecutive three-year accreditation Carey Services has received from the Committee on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, an international accrediting body. This accreditation decision represents the highest level of accreditation that can be awarded to an organization and shows the organization’s substantial conformance to CARF standards.
“We are very pleased to receive CARF’s highest level of accreditation,” said Jim Allbaugh, Carey Services’ president and chief executive officer. “As an agency, we strive every day to be the best we can be for the individuals we serve and those communities we impact. It is great to have that daily work recognized and validated with a CARF seal of approval.”
Carey Services received the accreditation for the following program areas:
- Community Employment Services: Employment Supports
- Community Employment Services: Job Development
- Community Integration
- Organizational Employment Services
- Supported Living
The three-year accreditation will extend through Nov. 30, 2021. To obtain the accreditation Carey Services completed a rigorous three-day professional peer evaluation in October. Carey Services demonstrated to the survey team the agency’s commitment to offering programs and services that are measurable, accountable and of the highest quality.
The accrediting body’s final report specifically notes some highlights of the survey team visit:
- “Carey Services has exceptional staff members who truly value the work that they do. They want to make a meaningful difference in the lives of the consumers. Their care and compassion are evident in all that they do.”
- “Families and guardians of the consumers served by Carey Services are very pleased with the services provided to their loved ones. They express that the services are top notch.”
CARF International was founded in 1966 and establishes consumer-focused standards to help organizations measure and improve the quality of their programs and services. For more information about the accreditation process, visit the CARF website at www.carf.org.