TURNING ABILITIES & BARRIERS
Welcome to Carey Services!
Thank you for your interest in Carey Services and for visiting us on the web! We encourage you to learn more about our programs and how we can serve you. Additionally, check out our Docu-Shield program and the current employment opportunities we have available.
Have the comfort of knowing that because Carey Services has enjoyed over 60 years of stable growth and service, we will continue to thrive, responding to the individual human service needs of our clients.
Carey Services is a community based human services organization assisting individuals and families to turn abilities and barriers into opportunities by providing individualized services, education, and advocacy.
Carey Services envisions all people, regardless of their abilities or barriers, as empowered and equally valued members of the community.
Our Core Values:
Professionalism – Because it matters how we are perceived.
Integrity – Because honesty, ethics, respect, and dignity matter … even when no one is looking.
Excellence – Because exceeding expectations and industry standards should matter to all of us.
Our Focus on Individuals, Families and our Communities:
- We focus on family satisfaction with a reputation for follow‐up and follow‐through.
- We have a variety of available programs and services that meet people’s needs.
- We have been in business since 1954 with a positive community reputation.
- We are a regional, multi‐county expert, and community‐based organization.
- We have committed, long‐term staff with local board governance and local leadership.
- We are a community resource for individuals with disabilities.
- We have a successful staff selection and training approach.
- We are an accredited agency, focused on quality assurance and continuous quality improvement.
- We take a person‐centered and integrated approach to consumer care that provides individual growth.
- We embrace the diversity of the communities we serve.
Click here to apply to become part of the Carey Services family.
March is Disability Awareness Month across the nation. In Indiana, more than 19 percent of the state’s population are children and adults with disabilities. The goal of the month-long observance is to increase awareness of those who have disabilities while also promoting inclusion and independence for all people. This year’sContinue Reading
For Carey Services, 2014 held many highlights, including a year-long observance of the agency’s 60th anniversary. As a way to complete the 2014 fiscal year, Carey Services recently completed its 2014 annual report. A condensed, tri-fold version is available for download here.Continue Reading
The United Nations has declared Dec. 3 to be the International Day of Persons with Disabilities. It has chosen a theme of “Sustainable Development: The Promise of Technology.” According to the World Health Organization, at least 10 percent of the world’s population (650 million people) live with a disability and among theContinue Reading