TURNING ABILITIES & BARRIERS
Welcome to Carey Services!
Thank you for your interest in Carey Services and for visiting us on the web! We encourage you to learn more about our programs and how we can serve you. Additionally, check out our Docu-Shield program and the current employment opportunities we have available.
Have the comfort of knowing that because Carey Services has enjoyed over 60 years of stable growth and service, we will continue to thrive, responding to the individual human service needs of our clients.
Carey Services is a community based human services organization assisting individuals and families to turn abilities and barriers into opportunities by providing individualized services, education, and advocacy.
Carey Services envisions all people, regardless of their abilities or barriers, as empowered and equally valued members of the community.
Our Core Values:
Professionalism – Because it matters how we are perceived.
Integrity – Because honesty, ethics, respect, and dignity matter … even when no one is looking.
Excellence – Because exceeding expectations and industry standards should matter to all of us.
Our Focus on Individuals, Families and our Communities:
- We focus on family satisfaction with a reputation for follow‐up and follow‐through.
- We have a variety of available programs and services that meet people’s needs.
- We have been in business since 1954 with a positive community reputation.
- We are a regional, multi‐county expert, and community‐based organization.
- We have committed, long‐term staff with local board governance and local leadership.
- We are a community resource for individuals with disabilities.
- We have a successful staff selection and training approach.
- We are an accredited agency, focused on quality assurance and continuous quality improvement.
- We take a person‐centered and integrated approach to consumer care that provides individual growth.
- We embrace the diversity of the communities we serve.
Click here to apply to become part of the Carey Services family.
Carey Services has earned accreditation from the National Association for the Education of Young Children, the nation’s leading organization of high-quality early childhood professionals and programming. The agency earned this accreditation for its Grant and Blackford classroom programming and this adds value to the early childhood partnerships and services inContinue Reading
The 2016 Indiana Disability Poll is now available online. The poll is one way people can provide input to state officials on how to improve the Indiana disability plan. The online survey has six categories for someone to provide responses: A person with a disability A parent, family member orContinue Reading
March is national Disability Awareness Month. In Indiana, more than 19 percent of the state’s population are children and adults with disabilities. The goal of the month-long observance is to increase awareness of those who have disabilities while also promoting inclusion and independence for all people. This year’s theme isContinue Reading
The Carey Services board of directors recently approved the 2016 board of directors and board officers. Keith Newman was re-elected chairperson after having served as chairperson in 2015 and after having served two previous terms as vice chairperson. Eric Walts, who served two terms as chairperson, was re-elected immediate pastContinue Reading